Tower Collector is designed to collect GPS coordinates correlated with information about GSM/UMTS/LTE/CDMA towers. This task is accomplished by reading GPS coordinates and identifiers of mobile network transmitters in regular intervals. Collected information is saved in your phone memory and can be uploaded to OpenCellID database. It is also possible to collect measurements for private purposes and export them to CSV or GPX files.
- Specially optimized GPS parameters to reduce battery drain.
- Upload to OpenCellId.org project. Register to obtain your free API key that is required for upload.
- Export to SD card as CSV or GPX.
- Built-in help in all supported languages. Pomóż mi przetłumaczyć ją na więcej języków, link w menu po prawej.
- Ad-free, forever!
OpenCellID is open source project, aiming to create a worldwide database of CellID correlated with GPS locations. Collected data are available under the "Creative Common Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported" license. Tower Collector gives you opportunity to contribute in OpenCellID project by uploading GSM cell towers from your area.
Tower Collector is perfect app for OpenCellID contributors who want to support the project with measurements from their area. It is good to know what is the right way to collect most valuable measurements during walks and trips.
- Avoid moving back and forth exactly the same way every day. Large number of duplicated locations will not be very useful.
- Try to map new places, especially those less frequently visited as they're often still not covered. Many of towers along main streets have already been mapped.
- From time to time make a round again to collect new cell towers that could appear in your area.
- Collect data for all kinds of networks supported by your device, such as GSM, UMTS, LTE, CDMA, etc. You can achieve this by changing preferred network types in Android settings.
- Use SIM cards from many different network operators to better cover your area.